Wednesday 26 October 2011

Government to Tackle Problems by Looking Away

At a press conference in Nagatacho yesterday, the government announced that its new strategy for dealing with the manifold problems facing Japan will be to turn around and look in a different direction.

'Imagine I'm walking by a river, and I see a homeless person,' explained spokesman Kurokke Meganai. 'If I turn and look away, I can't see him any more, so he isn't really there and the problem is solved.'

This marks an abrupt change from the government's previous policy of burying their heads in the sand.  According to Meganai, this was marred by the occasional need to surface for air, at which point the problems would reappear.

'The number of challenges we face is increasing all the time,' said Meganai.  'By adopting this apporach we'll be able to deal with them quickly and effectively.  If there are any questions, I'll just turn around.'

No comments:

Post a Comment